Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It has been a while so let's catch up on the family...


Lindsy was put into a baby contest...it's a little different from the pagent baby tv show where we were telling her to put on her model face and "look like you the only one who matters in the world" i swear we didn't do that...perhaps that is why we didn't make it on to the float for the 4th of july. she was definately the cutest baby at the contest and she won in our opinion. she got the "best eyelashes" prize. When they were announcing who was going to win justin yelled out "I hope you win Lindsy!!" what a great supporter of his sister. :)
I think she looks like her daddy in this picture....it's the farmers tan i think.


Later that night we went to the high school and watched the fireworks. justin wasn't so sure about it but in the end he LOVED it and kept telling me that he wanted to live there, he wanted to come back once a week, if it weren't for the lack of bathrooms he would have wanted to do it.



It's party time!!! LIndsy turned 2!!!! We had a couple parties as usual and she had a fabulous time every time. She loved every present she got, every bite of cake she was able to get her hands on, and every person who came she was so excited about. thank you to everyone who made it such a wonderful time for her. Grandma and Grandpa gave her one of her most favorite presents....light up flip flops

She evens sleeps in them each night.
cousins, summertime, ice cream....can't get better.

this is my attempt at creative cake decor. i worked from 8:00 to 11:45pm (dumb i know to start late) and I was FRUSTRATED...but i like how it turned out so all is well.





Lindsy wouldn't hold still at all during her party so this is the best shot i got of her as she is running from toy to toy (and not sharing at all might i add, she had a very hard time about that).


This is her new swimsuit, she puts in on everytime she sees that mom forgot to put it away.


Fathers Day!! We got together with cousins again and we had such a great time! Love the hot dog roasts! I am so proud to have Gary in my family. He is a wonderful dad and such a caring husband. I find myself still wishing we could quit our jobs and just hang out all day long with each other and the kids.....I am glad that I love my husband he's pretty cool.
This is a picture of linds with an ENORMOUS marshmallow in her hand, it's like the size of an APPLE!!! she loved it!
They all loved those mallowsGuess who is starting to play ball again??? it was opening night and we had a BLAST!!! snow cones, nachos, oggie, a new hat for Justin, and cousins....oh don't forget the fireworks! Gary was poppin' the tums after this evening...not 20 years old anymore are you sweetie?


Our family photo at the ball park.


In my spare time....i'm a den leader. we went to the fire station and justin had a blast since we biked it and he did it on his 'one wheeler'. :)


Usually there are mosquitoes everyehwere but tonight was great, we sat on the deck and ate puddin' pops and talked about the day. It is getting better and better everyday as my kids get older and we get to know each other more and more, i love it!!


6 comments:

Vause Family said...

I love your update! Sounds like you are having a great summer. I would love to see you!

Janetta said...

It is great to see what you have been up to. Looks like you are keeping busy and having a great summer. I met your family. Everyone thinks we are related. It is a complicated relationship. I wonder what people think when I tell them I had never met them. Are you coming soon? I hope those air miles are burning a hole in your pocket.

Andrea said...

Oh my stars! Fabulous cake! I'm so impressed with your skills!!! Love all the updates!

Kim-the-girl said...

I, too, love the cake... very awesome. So much fun stuff to talk about.... I bet you are the best den leader ever, luck boys. Where did those huge marshmallows come from?!?! Lindsy is such a pretty girl, I bet she was the cutest.

Britney said...

Ok I just have to say that I think the cake is a-mazing! Good job girl! I am so impressed! Love it!

Erin M said...

Cute update. Lindsy is of course the cutest. Both of them are so cute and fun.