Saturday, January 16, 2010

WINTERFEST HOFF FESTIVAL!!


Grandma and Grandpa are in Germany so we decided to go and experience some of their culture with this winter festival held at the fairgrounds. We met up with the Haggards and had a great time watching all the old people in their lederhosen and derndle's (with their funny little hats that look like Grandpa's), rotcol, spetzle, and PLENTY of yodling. I am realizing that i haven't got a clue how to spell any German word, thanks a lot Herr Jessop from 7th grade. Winerschnizel yum yum!!!Lindsy was shoveling in the spetzle, she wouldn't even let me eat off her plate. Such a passionate woman about her food!This was unfair...Haggards bought some yummy cakes and I didn't, I just drooled over them. :) it was such a fun day to hang out and play with family!





4 comments:

Heidi said...

Awesome, Becki. You could have eaten as much as you wanted of our kid-shared cake. Thanks for hanging out with us yesterday. Our kids loved playing at your house.

Kim-the-girl said...

That sounds like lots of fun! I didn't realize your parents were in Germany... where? My parents lived there for 3 years before I was born and my brother served there, so I feel like its part of my family.

Joni said...

I haven't seen Heidi FOREVER! She looks great! Four kids now? Awesome. Looks like a great party. How are your parents doing? How are you doing without them? Love ya!

Jordan & Kara said...

I love HOF!!!! My husbands parents served missions when they were younger then got back about a year ago from a mission there and tehy always help out at that and we go. I love the food there!! I was sad we had to miss it this year. Glad you had fun!!!