Holy cow I think I'm done
There are days when you are tired and want to go to bed early...then there are those days when you realize it would be better if you'd never woken up that day. Last Wednesday was that day for me. I have listed a few of the MANY issues I had this day.
1. Justin had a bloody nose on his way to toddler school....due to picking too vigorously. It's gross but it is worse becuase i wasn't driving, it was up to my friends husband to wipe the blood from Jusitn's face, coat, and pants. gross!
2. While at school Justin went tubing during the outside play time and his face and the icy snow met and he had two bloody wounds on his face when he ran into the school. He couldn't feel anything until he started to warm up and once that happened he insisted on bandaids. This resulted in one on the forehead and another over his lip which made it iimpossible to eat or talk normally...but it made it feel better mom ( i couldn't stop laughing at this!)
3. Right after school we headed over to the pediatrician for our well baby checks. So I show up with a bruised and bloodied Justin who i haven't had time to clean up or change his clothes...blood drips everywhere! Okay so it looks like I did this to my son, what kind of mother am I?!?
4. Justin is no longer an infant who I can hold down when it comes to shot time. He had to get two immunizations and I could barely hold down the snarling, screaming, crying, scratching, kicking formerly sweet son of mine. I ended up body slamming him down on the table and the MA leaned against his legs while she shot him. After it was done Jusitn just looked at me like I betrayed him, it was made better only slightly when i bought him the frosty.
5. Cub scouts at 4:30pm
6. Before i left for scouts I wanted to start dinner as much asIi could, so I made the sauce for a new recipe I was going to try for the noodle bowl I was making. the recipe called for a pepper, I got the one that looks like a jalepeno but a little smaller because i didn't need a lot. I minced it, added it to the sauce, and continued with my prep. I finished the sauce, cleaned up and then it happened.......(pause for dramatic effect) I wiped my eye with my CLEAN hands..or so I thought. the pepper that I had cut up previously left oil on my hands and I put it in my eye. I was sure that I put a seed in my eye with the pain that started at this point. AAHHH!! I ran to my bathroom screaming and started splashing cold water in my eye, trying my hardest to open it. I was yelling for Justin to bring me my phone. He was a little freaked out by how much crying, sobbing, and yelling was going on. He found my phone and then curled up on my bed to watch cartoons while I died. I called my sister who googled the situation, she told me to keep doing water and then to try putting milk in my eye, neither of us thought that sounded very smart to put milk in your eye. I then called my cousin Kristin and asked what her husband did when he got pepper sprayed in his eye. She looked up the situtaion on line as well and was a great resourse. bottom line: when you have pepper in your eye put cold water on and in your eyes and DEAL WITH IT it will not go away until it dissapates and goes away. it only takes about 45 minutes to make it bearable. I compare it to having a baby. It hurts so much and with such intensity but you know some how it will have to end you're just not sure when. This cleared up for me just in time for me to go to cub scouts. I gave them all a lecture on pepper spraying people...don't even joke about it, it's not funny!
That's my day. I came home later and Gary had thrown away all that sauce and made chicken and potatoes. I love my husband and kids they make my life so very eventful!
Aloha from Hawaii!
4 years ago



4 comments:
OH BECKI!!! What a day! Just FYI- using gloves while working with hot peppers is a good preventive measure (no help if you've already got it in your eye, though). No one called DCFS though, right? Poor Justin too. I can't recall a day that's been that eventful in my almost 7 years of motherhood...
I'm sure you'll be glad you documented this. You can laugh at a later date. Kim and I can laugh right now!
Becki you make me laugh. What a day!! Thanks for the tip about pepper, hopefullly it never happens to me.
I am so sorry about your eye. I've been there, it is so painful! You are seriously super woman! I don't know how you do all that you do!
Post a Comment