Gary had quite an experience tonight that he described as a “blogging moment”. I realized how involved Gary is in the blogging world when he makes statements like that. I will attempt to describe this event in my own words; I hope to do it justice.
Gary and I came home from a date tonight (first one in months it was great). I took the kids in the house to get ready for bed and he stayed outside to do chores and take care of the animals. I had Lindsy asleep with Justin on the way but Gary was still outside. Justin and I were on the bed reading a book when we hear 3 REALLY loud noises outside, that scared the heck out of us. We went to the back door to see what Gary had done; Gary was already running up the steps breathless and smiling. He had just won a battle and the adrenalin was pumping…
Gary was going to feed the cats in the shed when he realized he was not alone in the shed. Two beady eyes were looking at him and then it started to growl and hiss. A RACOON!!! They shared a moment, he drew his weapon, they looked each other in the eye and the raccoon ran away…fear had overcome him (the raccoon I mean). And yes it is sad my husband did have a weapon on him and had the option to shoot at will. Gary spent the next 40 minutes in a battle of wits with this raccoon trying to eradicate it from his precious shed. He sent his trusty dog in…who cowered and refused to flush out the vermin. He grabbed his shot gun, which he deemed safer than a handgun, less likely to shoot yourself in the foot. He called Blake to “get his stupid trap and dog down here...it might work better than my dumb dog”. He attempted to use a pitch fork which just made holes in the poor creature and made Gary use words like “okay this is personal” and “@#@!!$%”. Gary FINALLY flushed the raccoon out the door and ran after it with his shotgun. The dumb thing stopped in the doorway and Gary nearly tripped over it. He didn’t like being so close to a raccoon so he pulled a “chuck Norris” jump shot spin in the air and shot the raccoon. We then took this picture to document the event. What a great night in the country.



10 comments:
That is HILARIOUS!!! Raccoon are just as bad not in the country... they are awful! Ethan had a knock-down drag out fight over the garbage with one while we were camping on the Oregon coast. Good times.
Wow what a tale to tell. That is quite the story. So hilarious. I am glad that the racoon didn't get him - those things are vicious!
I am laughinh out loud here at work as I am reading this! That is so funny:)
That is so funny! Good memories of living in the country.
That was a real blogging moment. I am glad Gary wanted it told & that you described it with your best effort. I laughed out-loud. Mike will love this one too.
Love it! Freakin love it! Our dog probably would've just licked it to death too. She did the other day go CrAZY when a cat went by her kennel. Anyway, only in Plain City and only to us do these things happen
Love it! Especially the Chuck Norris part:) You did an awesome job telling the tale! I'm glad Gary won the battle. Glad it was a raccoon and not a skunk . . .
That could only happen to Gary. You made me laugh. I can just see Gary trying to kill that thing.
Oh boy, stories like that are pretty fun, after the fact. The only thing is, here in West Weber, I have WAY too many of them!!! I'm glad he got it, but that's scary! If you think you have more, lets trap them or we can have Braden's friend Mitch's dogs come find them, they are pretty hard core. And it's actually quite amusing to watch. Seriously, gary would probably enjoy so let us know...
Thanks for two good laughs - the raccoon and the pepper in the eye. I am glad you guys are doing well.:)
Post a Comment