Busy Busy
What is going on in our lives right now? What isn't? My husband has turned into a miniature animal farmer, he brought home 2 baby geese and 1 baby goat in the past week. He is constantly searching ksl for more goats and when he sees a free one it fuels his crazy fetish. We recently ripped out all the brick in our basement and have grand ambitions to rock the new fire place and put it cabinets on either side of the room...it seemed like such a simple project a month ago but now I realize how huge it is and how I should have realized the budget BEFORE ripping out walls. Gary celebrated his 32 birthday and I tried my mightiest to make his beloved BANANA ROLL!!! Yeah I was up until 2am with my second attempt in the trash before I finally made it into a bowl of pudding, banana, and cake pieces...kindof a trifle disaster. So when we pulled out the candles and put in in the bowl it turned into a stunning visual affect of a FIRE BOWL!!! Gary's brother got married last week and the kids were sick so we left them with my parents....holy cow! I actually enjoyed my husband for the day. I feel guilty even saying this but I really enjoyed the day with out the kids, as much as I love them I needed a break I think. My cub scouts are just a "handful of fun" that's what I think I should call them without using explicitives. ah haah! just kiddin' but i am adjusting a lot better lately. I have an assistant and that has made all the difference in the world! Last week we rode through the town in a VERY long caravan on our bikes as I shouted "stay in single file" "I mean it!!" "stop touching the tires in front of you with your tires" " you could get hurt! be careful!!" It was all very exciting.





8 comments:
You are so funny. I am glad you got to enjoy your husband. You two deserve a break from you little darlings. Congrats on your project. I hope yours gets finished my remodel still isn't done...
Love the bowl of fire & your darling family picture.
You need to do updates more often. That was darling. I'm totally with you about leaving your kids...you saw me wrestling Brody the whole day. Blake needs to come over and help you with the project--please call him if you guys need some help.
You are a trooper to stick with the cub scouts. That is the most thankless calling in the church. And you look FABULOUS! Oh my heck you are a hottie! I will be in Utah this summer. We will do lunch! LOVE YOU!
Can I come to that luncheon as well? I was VP after all. I agree with Joni, you look hot! What a darling family. Give me a call when you're not cleaning up after farm animals, chasing kids or killing cub scouts!
Becki,
Your family picture is adorable. I'm liking the pigtails on Lindsy, and you're stylish, as always.
OK, seriously! You are a major, MAJOR babe! And I can't believe you're in cub scouts, BLESS YOU!
You are hilarious! I haven't been on the internet for a while, it's nice to be able to get updated on what you guys have been up to. Your kids are getting so big, I can't believe it! They're so cute! Those husbands of ours and their projects . . .grrrr! What do ya do? Gotta love them! At least their ambitious! And some day they might get them all finished . . .
So fun. I miss you guys lets get together. Cute pictures.
Post a Comment