Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BEST WEEKEND OF MY LIFE....THUS FAR

So I am pretty sure this is the best weekend of my (and Gary's) life. Justin has had two major accomplishments and is turning into such a big boy!

We went to the doctor this weekend for our well baby checks and Justin was petrified. He didn't want to go and get any shots. I couldn't remember if he needed any so I told him we would have to ask our doctor. He cried and whined for hours before we even got there. The doctor told us he did not need any shots and he was so happy. Then the doctor asked about his potty training. I told her that it wasn't progressing very well and that Justin could do it but chose not to. She told him he was a big boy and should do it on his own. After leaving the office I talked to Justin about this topic, I asked him if he remembered what the doctor had said. I "reminded" him that the doctor had offered to give him a shot to help him poo in the potty. His head snapped up and he looked at me in shock "I don't want a shot!" Well I told him I didn't want him to get a shot either but if he needed help to poo in the potty we could give him one....that's all it took. He no longer poos in his pull ups and he is listening to his body ALL the time!! YAY!!! So it has only been 4 days and I am sure something bad will happen (even though poo has been found on the bathroom wall I am thinking of something worse) because I am bragging.

While we were at the hospital we needed to get an extra test done so we waited in the waiting room for our name to be called. Justin decided to go behind the chairs and play for a second. When they called our name and he came out I noticed his pocket had been pulled out, I told him to fix it and thought nothing of it. When we got out of the test Justin ran behind the chairs and pulled a binky/plug out from under one. He said "i can't forget my plug". Oh gross!! Whose plug is that? Does the receptionist know? no she doesn't. Ew I don't know whose that is Justin but there is no way it is yours and I am throwing it away!.....famous last words. Justin didn't even mind too much when I threw it away. But later that night when Gary was putting him to bed and I was staying over at my mom's with my sisters Justin had a meltdown. "why did mom throw my plug away?!?" When I called Gary later that night and he told me what I had done I didn't even believe it. I had thrown his plug away, it was his that he had snuck into his pocket and taken to toddler school and kept with him until he hid it in the waiting room later that day. It all made sense now! Well as traumatic as it was to lose it and to be the one who callously chucked it....we are done with it!!!! yay!!!!!! I thought the garbage can should have looked like this at the hospital, it's how I felt!

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That is AWESOME! Way to go mom! I can't believe he's potty trained! I'm so bad I never remember how old all the kids are, but that is so great! I know the time is just getting nearer that I have to just do it with Levi, but I'm not ready yet... thanks for the inspiration though! I think its hilarious about the plug! Sorry, Justin, but that is way too funny.

The Ballard's said...

Wonderful. Your posts crack me up. I love that you panicked and threw away his binki. What a hoot.

Joni said...

HALLELUJAH!!! Life just got a little sweeter.