Saturday, June 06, 2009

Gas Rodeo 2009

Gary has a pretty cool job and one of our favorite things about it is the annual gas rodeo. It is pretty unique because not many careers set up events like this. It is a whole day of relay races, digging, gas meter assembly and for justin....lotsa CANDY!!! This is one of the events, it is a sand dig. Four guys dig as fast as they can to get to the bottom of a box full of sand.




As part of the relay Gary's job was to take this backhoe and pick up an egg and put it in a small cup.



This part of the rodeo is where the whole team works together to cut a 6 inch steel pipe.




This is Justin and Lindsy at the beginning of the day, they had a great time...but notice how clean they are.






It didn't take long for Justin to get totally covered in popsicle, orange soda, cheetos, tootsie roll, licorice....etc.. oh you could go on and on with the junk he ingested. yikes I'm a bad mom!! We'll have nothing but vegetables tomorrow!!!!


Lindsy just couldn't take it anymore and fell asleep on Gary. She went to bed at 6pm tonight and thus far (knock on wood) is still snoozin'.

That little cat nap didn't last long. She had a great day!


Justin's favorite part was driving the backhoe. They got to move orange cones all over the place and he used the controls. He had such a blast...can you see the perma-grin?



This is our family by our favorite tractor. I maneuvered this tractor and came in 3rd in the "beginners" competition. I'm kind of attached. :)







6 comments:

Unknown said...

I never would have imagined you enjoying driving a tractor : ) Sounds like a really fun day!

Vause Family said...

That is fabulous!

Kim-the-girl said...

That totally rules!! I wish optometrists could have so much fun! :)

The Judkins Family said...

Sounds like fun! Your kids are getting so big. I bet Justin loved driving the backhoe with his dad.

Blake and Jessica said...

How stinkin fun is that. Maybe the Hall family should have a rodeo like that among the construction cousins. That would be awesome.

yuri said...

you wanna backhoe??

I'm sure my dad would be glad to lend your his, if you guys come see us in Japan!!!